Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Get out of my dreams...

Never the type to remember my dreams, I have always considered myself a rather mundane sleeper. I never had any cool stories about the weird dreams I had last night, or felt compelled to look up the meaning of my dreams. Except of course for that one time I took Tylenol PM and then dreamt my great grandmother was an evil cowgirl out to kill me....my first and only encounter with sleep aids.

I guess another little secret of pregnancy are the incredibly vivid dreams - the kind of dreams that make you wake up in a panic wondering what's wrong with you to imagine such things and make you hesitant to fall back asleep for fear someone might be able to tell what you're dreaming about. Sure, "they" (by they I mean my Dr.) say many women experience "insomnia" related to pregnancy - but I call it "wtf is going on in my head, I don't want to see it anymore, so I'll just stay awake." And I'm not talking steamy type dreams, I'm talking freak show dreams that make me wonder if my baby isn't secretly trying to lure me into parental submission already by instilling fear of everything in me.

In addition to the delightful nightmares, the AM peeing is out of control. Short of cutting off all liquids at 3:00PM, I'm not sure what I can do to prevent the 1:30, 3:00 and 4:30 AM bathroom trips. Nothing funny to add here - really any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm beginning to think the fact that my mom has a knack for calling when I'm napping or already in bed for the evening, isn't so much a coincidence but payback.

No comments:

Post a Comment