Friday, September 4, 2009

Youth in Asia

We have three dogs. My husband and I each brought our own dogs to the relationship, and have since added a third. They are all rescue dogs, and while my choice wouldn't be to ever have three dogs -our third dog was chosen for us, not necessarily by us, but has been a wonderful addition to our family.

A clean house is basically impossible with three dogs. Particularly a small house such as ours. It is a nonstop carpet cleaning, floor sweeping, dander dusting place to live. Over the past year, the oldest dog, Mini (Chris's original dog), has gotten progressively worse with her vision, hearing, and most importantly peeing. Along with all the other anxieties I have about having a baby, bringing a baby into a house with three dogs, particularly one that is pretty much a baby herself in terms of having to clean up after her, has consumed me worry and anger.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time separating the dog from the owner and as demonstrated yesterday and this morning, I can sometimes treat Chris as if he is personally unzipping his pants and pissing all over the carpet. I swear if I could rub his nose in it I would. However, me sending Mini death threats and offering the other dogs reward money for offing her probably isn't the nicest way to discuss this issue. At this point in my pregnancy, I find being nice a foreign concept, and I find it impossible to discuss things that make me mad without screaming, crying and saying things like "how could you do this to me and your unborn child?!" While Chris didn't actually "do" anything - he did say that he spends half his life listening to me bitch at him..... Honey, I'm sure everyone that has been in contact with me for the past 5 months feels the same way, the only difference is they didn't knock me up, so you're just going to have to deal with it, and try to accommodate me. The more you remind me that I'm a bitch, I promise the more of a bitch I"m going to be.

However, in retrospect, although it is so uncharacteristic of me - I might have overreacted. You do not have to kill your dog for me. This is my public apology - which I think is a pretty big gesture seeing as how I am never wrong.

Love you. Hopefully you and the dogs can get some peace and quiet while I'm on a much needed vacation for a few days. Enjoy your pee palace.

1 comment:

  1. that was very nice of you marcia miss queen of the pee palace!

    ReplyDelete